Builder Job Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsragetv

IGN (So we can credit you!): itsragetv
Suggested addition/change: Add Builder job to the Jobs plugin.
Description: A lot of people like to build so I think that it would be a great idea for players to earn some money while building and growing their towns.
Pros/Cons of this idea: Pro: Builder job is a nice casual job to have as your 3rd job where you can casually earn money while building. Cons: I personally don't see any cons to this idea.

CsoiSauce

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Hello itsragetv, Thank you for the suggestion!

Although Builder Job would be nice, we found that it is extremely difficult to balance.

ParadiddlePride

Owner
In addition to being hard to balance, I have never seen a use for Builder job. Every job we have has been repeatedly combed over to find the "best" way to get the most money out of it in as short a time as possible. This will inevitably lead to some players just creating towers of the same type of block over and over. I've seen this on many, many other servers that have a Builder job, and I don't want to encourage that here.

Alternatively, if you want to earn some cash for your hard work building, these are also tactics I've seen used before:
- Create pre-made houses in your town and charge residents to purchase those plots
- Offer to create unique houses for other players for a price
- Build larger creations and sell them (Ex. Large shops, custom warp locations, town halls)
- Use Schematica to build pre-designed buildings. You'd be surprised how many people would be willing to pay for the time it takes to build even using a blueprint

ParadiddlePride

Owner
As it's been 2 weeks since a reply to this thread, thread will be locked.

Feel free to make a new thread if you have more ideas :)

Status
Not open for further replies.